Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The decent into winter has begun

First Backcountry issue has arrived...reading through the gear guide, starting to feel like I might as well be wearing leather boots with 230cm nordic skis bound to my feet. I'm starting to think I need to give these rockered puppies a try one of these days. Another omen of things to come, first snows of the season are falling in Montana tonight, whitening up passes & the mountains...the decent into winter now officially underway (at least in my mind).

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

hi visiting u visit me back.. a smile for you Creaziest Photo Collection

7:17 AM  
Blogger TKsports! said...

lots of snow out here in COlorado! People skiing Berthoud already!

8:53 PM  
Blogger TKsports! said...

oh yeah...rockered skis are critical for tele-skiing!

8:54 PM  
Blogger More Cowbells said...

critical for what though? climbing and open decents? I'm mainly going through virgin eastern woods...i don't see rockered skis doing as good of a job with the ginsu knife aspect...but i guess that may have more to do with the tail than the tip.

4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home