Tuesday, October 16, 2012

New Year, New Name, New Snow, No Shame!

As you can tell by my new blogger name, I remain a little sour from last years' season. I can count my powder days in East Vail on one hand. The best snow I had was outside Colorado. Every storm ended in anguish and WIND, with totals usually less than 6 inches. I destroyed my Volkls on marginal snowpack and rocky traverses. All of this in stark contrast to the 2010/2011 season, being the best in Colorado 30 years. Vail, yes Vail, received 450 inches that year. Well it starts here. Whether you ski the East or West, the stoke needs to to be tapped. Snow dance, fire dance, whiskey shots...I don't care. You do what you need to do, anything is better than last year..... Oh yeah, this is what I get to look forward to skiing this weekend:

1 Comments:

Blogger More Cowbells said...

Good stoke Knauer! Got first turns in at Bromley yesterday 11/8. Not exactly epic skiing since every turn was a survival turn, but nice going for a skin & getting sticks back under the feet. I believe Bromley has never before been such an extreme mountain...

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home