Sunday, December 14, 2008

Finding the Goods at Mary Jane.....

Headed out really early today and got on the third chair at Mary Jane (WP). There was over a foot in the last 36hr and over 2 feet in the last 7 days so we were stoked. Started to really look like winter out there, but it's frustrating cause I'm heading to Jackson next week which has relatively no snow (the Hobacks aren't even covered!). Temps. hovered around -4 this morning so it was friggin' COLD!! Still limited on terrain at WP, thus, Erik and I took matters into our own hands, i.e. ducking ropes for most of the morning. On the upper mountain we found some surprisingly deep stashes that were blower over-head (if your knee was dropped...). Plowed a couple rocks lurking under the shallow snowpack, but that was expected. Glades were really good as well and reminded me of VT. Easily the best skiing of the year in COLORADO and we're poised to get a couple more beefy systems mid-week and this weekend as a trough sets up. It will be hard to drive out of here on Friday morining. Hopefully Jackson gets pounded before we arrive....oh, and Washington state for that matter... peace yall!

12 Comments:

Blogger TKsports! said...

Shit. 30+ inches by Thursday in the San Juans with 1 foot in the Northern Mountains.... Another Big System lined up for Thur/Friday. I hope I-80 is open, or this hog is staying home....

9:08 PM  
Blogger 7 years said...

watch your ass TK

http://www.wildsnow.com/1575/december-avalanches/

9:13 PM  
Blogger Jon said...

Things are starting to turn in Jackson. It has snowed for 4 days in a row and remains in the forecast. I even got some knee deep powder last weekend. Hopefully there will soon be enough snow at the base to open up more ways down. Traversing all the way to Apres-Vous to get to the bottom is getting old. See you friday Knauer

10:00 PM  
Blogger TKsports! said...

yeah, I'm pretty sick so I hope I'm healthy enough to make it up on Friday!

10:05 PM  
Blogger More Cowbells said...

TK, you may want to change your holiday plans..."I say fuck you J-hole" (in my best Pedro Cerrano voice) and head on down to visit Day. Sounds like Taos should be going off by this weekend.

3:27 PM  
Blogger TKsports! said...

Taos is nice and all, but I want to ski a REAL area Greeny. Looks like we'll be driving in during a snowstorm!!! wahoo!!

9:13 PM  
Blogger TKsports! said...

Taos is nice and all, but I want to ski a REAL area Greeny. Looks like we'll be driving in during a snowstorm!!! wahoo!!

9:13 PM  
Blogger More Cowbells said...

Uh..according to the Jackson website "with up to 3" possible Friday" I don't know if I classify that as a "snowstorm" Sounds more like a significant flurry to me.

9:41 AM  
Blogger More Cowbells said...

At least Taos is under a winter storm warning

9:43 AM  
Blogger TKsports! said...

uhhhh....the Jackson Weather Report is awfull....check weather.gov in the Tetons....big SNOW!! talkin' 6-12 at least for opening day of the tram!

3:31 PM  
Blogger Quinn Keating said...

but Tyler, you'll miss that big sale at J-Crew in Boulder if you leave this weekend.

6:52 PM  
Blogger 7 years said...

tk-
can you still ski with the faux hawk and tight designer jeans?

boy am I going to fuckin dominate you in washington
I got a lot of pent up energy

d

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home