Monday, January 08, 2007

Off to Jackson Hole and Targhee.....

Hey yall,
Friday morning, 530am. 8 inches on the ground in Boulder and still snowing. 12 inches reported at A-Basin. Erik, my tele-buddy, calls and infroms me that his high school where he teaches 9th grade physical science is closed for the day, he's ready to join in the efforts. I brew some yerba matte and climb in the 178,000 miled Subaru. We arrive at A-Basin as the chairs begin to turn and quickly scramble our gear to get in line. Suprisingly, only 30 people are in line waiting. We board the Pali lift and survey the myriad of steep lines we'll be hitting. Still snowing. The first run is a high speed descent bordering on out of control, snaking lines between trees as cold smoke powder burns my face. Fluidity is non-existent on this first run and I'm surprised I don't find a sub-alpine fir sapling between my legs on the way down. We reach the bottom, out of breath and ready for more. Second run, the flow is found, high speed smoothnes, the mantra. I find a 10 footer below the lift, make two deep kneed tele-turns and point it. My first air of the season goes flawlessly as I land in buttery softness among high pitched stoke from the lift. We thrash for the next 4 hours until out legs are jello and mountain is skied out. I head back to Boulder for a 7 hour serving shift at my Thai restaurant, my legs feeling as if they might collapse at any moment. Off to Jackson tomorrow......
TK

5 Comments:

Blogger pvb said...

Livin' it!!!!

8:33 PM  
Blogger Erik B said...

Oh Yeah!? I'm thinking about buying an x-box 360. My video game skilz will put your powder days to shame, bitch.

9:22 PM  
Blogger Quadzilla said...

Sounds fantastic TK...One thing though, its not cold smoke pow compared to the -15F bc powder turns I'm about to have this afternoon. Not bragging...its just fucking cold uup here today. -17F at my house this morning. Truck very unhappy starting.
Have fun ripping up the greter J-hole area!

2:45 PM  
Blogger TKsports! said...

Pics to come soon from jackson

1:39 AM  
Blogger git er dun said...

and also some pics of me laying on my couch...just cause i'm soooo hot.

1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home