Saturday, January 06, 2007

72 Degrees of Despair

Well, the mercury officially hit a new record high for the month of January today, a full TEN mutha f'in degrees higher than the previous high temp of 62. So, like most of Boston, I decided to get outside and enjoy the weather from the saddle of my bicycle.

However, when I went downstairs to my storage room to fetch my two wheeled warrior cycle, I was shocked to find that I had accidently locked the master combo lock (whose combo I had forgotten). Instantly filled with despair, I mightily flung my body against the wooden barrier, in hopes that I may break the door and reach my beloved bike. The door stood firm, and the only thing I accomplished with my mindless bashing was a bruised shoulder and a saddened soul. Alas, my plans for a spin around eastern MA in bicycle shorts was thwarted.

Of course, I later remembered my combination, unfortunately, the sun had already set at that time.

3 Comments:

Blogger More Cowbells said...

You need to get a key the city balz, a crowbar would have done the trick

9:51 AM  
Blogger Erik B said...

I went around my block asking if anyone had a crowbar I could borrow. Needless to say I got some weird looks.

11:42 AM  
Blogger Quadzilla said...

72 degrees! Are you f#@$ing kinding me! I've never ever heard of anything like that. Well no worries about the January thaw this year...nothing to thaw.
Meanwhile in AK, it did not get about 0F yesterday and is not supposed to until at least Wednesday.

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home