Thursday, December 06, 2007

Top 5

So it seems as though there is not much activity on the Balls Deep blog and I'm pretty bored at work currently so I've decided to exercise some procrastination measures to wheedle away the afternoon. Hence I've decided to try to come up with a top 5 ski days :

1) Cardiac Ridge - Big Cottonwood Canyon. Did two runs off Cardiac Ridge (ridge that runs north off of Mt. Superior) on a perfect bluebird day with a foot of fresh snow that had stabilized nicely to the previous layer. Here's a picture of the ridge, not the tree'd section. Mt. Superior is the tall peak in the center of the photo. The bowl in the center of the shot is where we skied off the ridge. Seth & Hilz, I would recommend it. Access is easiest via Little Cottonwood & finish the day in Big Cottonwood.


2) Jackson Hole - 46" new skiing with TK & Quinn for a couple of runs before he had to go to work (although I think I may have lost TK's pass this day, not sure). I remember coming down the headwall and the snow was over my head. The only in-bounds day that made this list.

3)Big Jay - 2 days in a row Can't remember how much snow had fallen, but it was a shit-load. It was my first time skiing Big Jay. Went out with Quinn the first day & buddy Adam the second, all on a $5 tram pass. Skied in bounds for the morning then made our way out, the snow was western-style by weight and bottomless. This was also before Big Jay become a household name among east coast skiers. Everytime I've gone since I've become more & more disenchanted by the sheer volume of people who head out there now.

4)Mad River Glen, read my last entry

5) Tuckerman's - 1st time skiing Tucks. Seth and I took off after a few drinks at Colby's pub on a spur of the moment decision. While it was not epic conditions, it was the first and sadly the last time I've skied tucks.

I guess I need have to do some real work again

6 Comments:

Blogger Erik B said...

Really, number 4 all time??

I'm totally convinced that you are only ranking it that high to tantalize me. None the less, I did wake up at 4:30am this morning, a=drove my ass to Wildcat, skinned it, skied a bunch of powder, and then got to work. Pretty fucking awesome, but I feel like I'm going to pass out and die at any moment from exhaustion.

5:42 PM  
Blogger Quinn Keating said...

good fire Bals!!!!

9:53 PM  
Blogger Quinn Keating said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:53 PM  
Blogger More Cowbells said...

Erik, you find any poutine up there yet?

9:43 AM  
Blogger Erik B said...

You better fucking believe I've found poutine. It only took my 23 hours too.

And this is legit poutine, served by a Quebecquois with only four of his teeth.

9:47 AM  
Blogger Quinn Keating said...

Quebexicans!!!

10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home