Tuesday, October 21, 2008

1-3" of Hope

Forecasters are calling for 1-3" of snow here in the valley's tonight and maybe another inch tomorrow morning. I'm guessing that translates to pretty good snows for northern mountains. Weather prognosticators are making it sound like this early season may give the '02-'03 early season a run for its money (Killington could have been nearly 100% open that year except maybe one or two trails by Thanksgiving)
Erik...are you finishing up by early November or do you need to stick around for a little while for clean up duty? I'm hoping we'll be setting some pre-Thanksgiving skin tracks up Stratton. I think this weekend i'll be p-texing & waxing the skis.
Thought I'd toss a pic of the little guy

6 Comments:

Blogger Quinn Keating said...

Cooper looks to be balls deep in fashion. Nice!

Snow forecasted up here too. Raining now, but the temp's dropping.

I'll make the trip down to Stratton for some pre fur coat turns, though if they haven't turned on the heated sidewalks, I'm not sure I'll feel safe.

11:19 AM  
Blogger More Cowbells said...

i might actually be more apt to take the trip up there depending on rain/snow lines. Storm later this week could be big if there is enough cooling for it to change over to snow.

Don't worry Quinn, even if you don't look good, the women in prada stilleto's & gucci bags trying to "leaf peep" will.

3:20 PM  
Blogger More Cowbells said...

From the mouth of my weatherman, "Now, speculation continues on the storm across the Northeast Tuesday. The GFS has backed off from any storm, while the EURO and DGEX models continue to show the storm coming. I think that a storm will come and that eastern New York from the upper Hudson Valley into Vermont is the place to be for an early season snowstorm. I will have more on the storm this weekend..."

10:43 AM  
Blogger Quinn Keating said...

nice cut and paste there Greeny! Henry would be proud.

2:27 PM  
Blogger More Cowbells said...

What can I say keating, i'm a little psyched for a good snow

3:58 PM  
Blogger Erik B said...

I am a full go for skiing from November 5th on

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home