Thursday, October 29, 2009

Late October Upslope Beat Down: Winter Comes Early to CO

Well,
I'm probably glad I didn't try to fly to Cali for Phish this evening cause there is 20 inches of Pow in downtown Denver and I don't know how many flights are takin' off cause it's still snowing. We've received 46 inches at my school in Conifer, CO which equals the last TWO days off, sick! My buddy Luke and I went up to Berthoud Pass this morning to check things out and were pleasantly surprised. Temp: 5 degrees Fahrenheit at the summit.

Warming up the lungs and legs for the 09-10 season:

Early season air:

Where's Knauer? Proving that Colorado has one of the longest seasons in the lower 48:

3 Comments:

Blogger More Cowbells said...

Damn...damn, damn!! 46" at conifer! looking pretty fluffy for October snows (and windy). You guys go to the old ski area up there?

10:35 AM  
Blogger tim said...

Pretty Sweet TK. Still glad I manned up and went to Phish for the sixkest festival ever!

6:40 PM  
Blogger Quinn Keating said...

yeah, i'm pretty stoked i stayed in VT as well. temps in the low 40's, cloudy with drizzle...wouldn't want to miss that.

7:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home