Tuesday, January 30, 2007

All quiet on the western front?

Soooooo, we haven't heard much from our western brethren as of late, what's up? no snow? Too much work (I know this isn't the case with TK)? Girlfriends yelling at you due to extensive amounts of time spent on the computer?

Anyways, I just got back in from my car retrieval mission in Northern Vermont, and guess what? I've come to the conclusion that German cars suck balls. My car will not start unless it is jumped. Now at first I presumed that this was a battery issue, but given the fact that the gas gauge is not functioning, and that my windows are acting like they are possessed by a mysterious poltergeist, I'm thinking that the folks at Lewis Audi somehow fucked up my alternator. So my plans to enjoys the $3.50 lift tickets at Mad River Glen were shelved, and I figured I should get home as quickly as possible to resolve the issue.

So I pull into my little spot in Cambridge, planning on emptying my car of my valuable skiing equipment before dropping my migraine on wheels off at the local dealer. In my rush (and given the fact that I have been driving an automatic for the past month, another reason to hate the jeep), I let out the clutch while the car is still in gear, and stall. After a brief barrage of profanity, I put the clutch in and start the car, and EUREKA!! the car starts! All is well again!!! I scamper out of the car, and run all my stuff into the house, thinking that I will bring the metallic migraine into the dealership just in case. However, when I return to the car, and try to start the engine, it again refuses to turn over, leaving me up a creek, and unable to bring the car to brookline without a jump.

So now I'm going to sit on my ass and eat potato chips. I can't handle this anymore.


I hate Audi.

1 Comments:

Blogger More Cowbells said...

Well Balzbaugh, you have correctly deduced the fact that German engineering has surpassed American engineering for shitty quality. There are actually a few quality american cars being made now, while VW & Audi especially continue to fall off the deep end.

4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home