Friday, December 28, 2007

Part 1: Jackson Hole, Wyoming - 40" new upon arrival!!

So Erica and I ended up pushing out of Denver around 1pm last Friday. We were soon greeted by 40+ mph winds and news that the main artery west to Jackson, I-80, was closed due to heavy and blowing snow. Shit. We quickly scrambled to find an alternate route to Jackson. The route, which took us 11 hours total, provided a splendid car tour of the WHOLE state of Wyoming. After that white knuckle drive it was nice to hook up with Natkin & Grayson the next morning to ski my old stomping ground, Teton Pass. Erica's transceiver wasn't working and she was missing a shovel handle, but we were skiing low-angle pow in the trees with 5 people so I wasn't too worried. Grayson and Natkin, both backcountry newbies, were freaking out as usual. We had a great time thrashing pow in Jackson last week. Skied the pass multiple times, and clipped many a ticket at the resort as well. Even used the ole' "green pass" to get on the mountain after a small 7" (we were supposed to get a 15" dump!!). Nothing changes in Jackson, and it goes without saying that the drinking conditions were going off, the whole week was balls deep in whiskey!! So I've included a couple shots of various Mags killing it in Jackson. Part II is currently going down in Utah, and I promise you won't be disappointed!! Happy New Year to all!

Homies reunite on the pass - Chris, Tim, & NotJon:


Natkin, demonstrating that he's not always a backseat driver:


Erica getting after it on a pillow line:


Tim G. finding the deep stuff:


I was trying to get "aggro" on the Pass!:


The Landing, aimed to please my sponsor, K2 skis:



5 Comments:

Blogger More Cowbells said...

Uhh...that was deep!

11:56 AM  
Blogger TKsports! said...

Yeah, the Tetons are poised to get more snow this week as well! Fuck, what am I doing in Colorado?

2:00 PM  
Blogger tim said...

Great shots TK. The Tetons are getting blasted again at the end of the week. Sorry that you won't be here to enjoy it. Don't worry Tyler, I'll make sure I have a working beacon and shovel before heading out. Balls, have you booked your ticket yet? You'll be just in time once Hilary wins the primary and the New England thaw commences.

3:36 PM  
Blogger More Cowbells said...

Good to hear the olde green pass is still alive an kickin in Jhole. Hmmm, I wonder if that would work for me at Stratton....

4:47 PM  
Blogger TKsports! said...

Grayson, it's cool, next time I'm skiing 30 degree, treed terrain, with 20 tracks over it, I'll be sure to dig you out from the 5 foot hard slab that pulls... Greeny...I got denied buy the Peruvians before being givin' the green pass by a 40+ year old bearded liftie...

10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home