Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Bonius' Wedding

I talked with Erik the other day and he mentioned tentatively putting me in charge of making beer for his wedding next October. Since I believe we balls deepers are going to probably be the major consumers of these malted libations during the reception, I decided to put it to a vote as to what type of offers I should concoct.
As of right now my plans are to make three corny kegs (each 5 gal) which will total just under a regular 1/2 keg of beer. The three beers which I had in mind are:
1) An American Pale Ale (a deschutes mirror pond or sierra pale ale esque beer)
2) A Marzen/Octoberfest (when in season...)
3) A wit or maybe a wheat beer

I went with fairly conservative but tasty brews that most anybody can find something they like. Other obvious choices are: IPA, Stout, Porter, Brown, Belgian Golden, Czech Pilsner (tough to brew though). Thoughts?

14 Comments:

Blogger Hils said...

I am always a fan of a brown beer, something like a Moose Drool, but I am biased.

So, October 2009, huh? Wasn't really sure he had set a date yet. Is it going to be in VT?

5:38 PM  
Blogger Quinn Keating said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:39 AM  
Blogger TKsports! said...

IPA IPA IPA ...... although I may be traveling.....

9:20 PM  
Blogger Jon said...

I second the IPA and hope to see Knauer back east for the celebration.

8:46 PM  
Blogger Quinn Keating said...

moosedrool's for tourists. hop it up greeny!!!

4:46 PM  
Blogger More Cowbells said...

something like a celebrator for the celebration? I could try something like a Hop Rod Rye or Ruination IPA, but it may be a little over-the-top-hop...or is it?

Hils, the oktoberfest should have big malty goodness, may not quite be the drool you're looking for, but should be a good substitute

3:29 PM  
Blogger tim said...

How bout some cases of MGD?

11:42 AM  
Blogger More Cowbells said...

How bout some cases of Shut the F@* Up Grayson

12:36 PM  
Blogger Jon said...

I like to be hoppy!

11:08 PM  
Blogger tim said...

HA ha ha, Mel and I say go with the seasons, OCTOBALSFEST!

11:30 PM  
Blogger Quinn Keating said...

Octoballsfest! Tim, that's about as good as it get's. Nice one!

By the by, why aren't you in any of Nattykin's photos from the death slog? Oh, right, probably because you're busy enjoying summer...good man. Natkin, uh, you're nuts.

3:17 PM  
Blogger tim said...

Ya Quinn, still working my way back to the hiking/skiing scene with my knee rehab, but it is feeling pretty good. I did climb Snowking yesterday- oh yah, its all about the mini-milestones

8:25 PM  
Blogger TKsports! said...

Yeah....some of us enjoy other things in the summer then 9 mile death slogs to ski 800 vertical feet of mushy Snow. Of course, some of us have really good sport climbing out our back doors as well. Props for the slog Natkin. I'll see you in the Tetons this winter Dood. Benny S. just skied Portillo and Las Lenas, I think he's got you Beat Natty?

Thought I'd start the shit talking early!

3:01 AM  
Blogger TKsports! said...

Looks like we're staying....may be at the wedding next fall after all!

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home