Thursday, April 24, 2008

Back on the DL

Dudes, the injurious 07-08 season couldn't wind down without one more to add to list, not too mention my debt of medical bills. Just came from the doctor, because my knee just hadn't gotten any better. Turns out I have a torn ACL! This resulted in my rag-dolling down Corbet's, minutes before the photo at the Coombs' memorial. I just thought I had tweaked it a bit, but who knew these weren't necessarily painful? I had no idea, and am in complete shock. I have reconstructive surgery scheduled for next Wednesday. Narcotics, crutches for a couple weeks and a whole lot of PT later, I should be back to being able to ride a bike on the road by July 1. This chugs.
On the bright side, my new ligament from my hamstring will be stronger than the old and I should be 100% healed in 6 months. By Nov. 1 when the snow starts falling I will be ripping it once again with you all. Any veterans of this feel free to send your advice.

3 Comments:

Blogger Quinn Keating said...

bummer man. sorry to hear about the ensuing recovery time, but then again, at least it's not the middle of February.

We're about to wrap up 3 weeks of picture perfect weather here in VT...trading in sunshine and warmth for the more traditional cloudy, grey skies. Funny to say this around here, but we need rain.

skied bumps at sugarbush yesterday that were the size of small school buses. also had the pleasure of skiing for most of the afternoon with the head brew master from Trout River brewery...Greeny, you get that man? Real nice time on the hill and a very tasty time in the parking lot with samples of all sorts of "behind the scenes" production.

10:54 AM  
Blogger More Cowbells said...

GRAYSON!....I thought hillary made it clear that injuries were no longer allowed this season. Get your self a good workout rubber band so that by next season you're the bionic man. It's all about the low-impact workouts for awhile.

Keating you bitch! Sounds like a good spring day. All that snow and cold that has been hanging around out west is poised to come our way next week. Higher elevations of NE sound like they may get some snow.
Went to Becca Bischoff & Sean Loumis' wedding two weekends ago, had our big Wine Competition last weekend (biggest in North America this year) and going down to Long Island this weekend. I'm missing all the good spring snow:-( Everybody is closed down here, but there is still tons of snow.

1:14 PM  
Blogger Jon said...

Bummer Grayson. It was a pretty spectacular fall though. From my angle, I could see you get almost as much air after you bounced off the Corbet's landing as you did from the initial jump. Maybe next year we could do it again a little cleaner.
On the brighter side of things, skiing is not quite done yet here in the Tetons. After several days of snow I skied powder from the top of Glory yesterday. Even got some face shots. This is the never ending winter. I think I've skied corn twice all year.
Good luck with the recovery Timmy, I look forward to riding up Teton Pass with you by the fall. Though Balsbaugh has expressed his doubts about your ability to climb such a hill.

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home