Tuesday, December 23, 2008

In depth

Deep snow has arrived in Vermont.  We ran with a small group of 10 on this day of backcountry skiing on Sunday.  Made carrying all the beer to the top a little easier...also made for some pretty interesting laps towards the end of the day.

That's my hat.  I'm beneath it somewhere.

My friend Peter's wife Jane, getting some.

Coming out the other side of deep.

I had trouble waiting for the camera guy on a day like this.

Peter, chasing Jane.

That's also my backpack.

Chris is our designated "style" consultant.  He's sporting this year's "sweet" jacket.

4 Comments:

Blogger tim said...

kick ass! Getting some here in Jackson too! Dumping everywhere!

11:19 AM  
Blogger Hils said...

That's awesome, Quinn! Looks like it was light and deep. Got hazed into working Xmas eve until 6 pm. Kind of bummed about it, but xmas day will be fun skiing. Glad that everyone is getting it. A happy holiday indeed! Quinn-what are you and chrissy thinking about for january? any chance?

1:08 PM  
Blogger More Cowbells said...

Looks a hell of a lot better than my turns down here...2' of blower over zero base(until get over about 2700'). I'm jealous.
I did have some interested days though the past couple outings. Two days of exploring for new stashes...first day I ended up in a huge swath of about 30 year old clear cut...awesome!!! I was traversing across the mtn to get to a stash I had been scoping for years but time ran out on the day so I had to just go down...bad idea.
This morning I went up Equinox Mtn to see about a route down the mountain after the rock slide. First couple hundred vertical feet was really nice...then the next couple hundred vertical feet sucked...then the woods opened up...but there was no base to be able to crank turns. Oh well, I'll have to save that for another day.
Quinn looking forward to meeting up soon after this brief warm-up...maybe in Utah??

4:53 PM  
Blogger TKsports! said...

looked pretty deep!!! Amazing Vermont is even steep enough to get through snow that deep....

11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home