Wednesday, April 07, 2010

50 inches at Alta...and I got to ski it!

Hello all-
So, Seth is up in Alaska with Paddy this week, so I thought I would do something fun myself.

Beginning of the week, looked like Tuesday or Wednesday were going to be good up at Alta, so I told my boss that I was going to take Wed off to ski. Bummed on Tuesday morning when it looked like most of the snow had come through Monday night, and I had to be at an all day meeting on Tuesday.

So, I called the Alta line at 3 pm on Tuesday, and found out that they NEVER OPENED THE CANYON! I called my boss, told him I wasn't coming in Wed, and get everything ready at home for an early morning.

I was 4th up Little Cottonwood Canyon, and got to reap the benefits of a 50 inch storm on a bluebird day. It was amazing. Ear to ear smile and goggle tan on my face. My friend took some photos, and I will post as soon as I get them.

Spring in Utah! Wahoo!

2 Comments:

Blogger Quinn Keating said...

Awesome Hils. Way to get after it. Things, other than the whites, are pretty much a wrap in these these parts. MTN biking season is in...gotta love the ski/bike days this time of year.

7:00 AM  
Blogger tim said...

Yeah Hills! Gettin some of that late season pow here in JH too. Looks like I will be transitioning from the Cowboy powder to the Champagne next year... hell yeah!

8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home