Friday, February 05, 2010

A blockbuster for the Mid-Atlantic

This is a quote from one of the most conservative weather forecasters I know:

"Most of you who are regular readers know by now that I am not one given to hyperbole. That's just not my style. Part of the reason for that, in my opinion, is that few weather events are truly historic. But every now and then, one comes along that is worth of all the hype it can get, and what we see unfolding now across eastern West Virginia and central and western Virginia can only be described as 'one for the ages' in my opinion."

I know most of us here are more into the skiing aspect but since winter storms are such an intricate part of the skiing aspect i think what's unfolding down there is pretty awesome...especially since prior to this year they haven't gotten a good snow event down that way since Presidents Day 2003.

Northern VT continues to reap the rewards of moderate up-slope snow events each night while here in southern vt we just get some clouds. Good news for me is there is potential for a mid-week storm next week so hopefully can be skiing again by next weekend. Also giving me hope is this quote from the same warm-weather biased weather forecaster:

"For those thinking winter was a dud or over (referring to NY & New Englanders), excuse me if I laugh out loud for a moment! And given the latest European Weekly Climate Forecasts, this cold and stormy weather pattern is locked in through the end of February into early March--at least."

Not scared just yet!

1 Comments:

Blogger tim said...

2.5 feet in McLean VA outside DC at my sister's house. Those guys are screwed.

11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home